July 6, 2013

Johnsontown 4th of July (2013')

Many years ago Nate's dad started having a big 4th of July celebration for family and friends.  Every year, would get bigger and better.  The fireworks were the best around as well.  It was a lot of fun.  The last party we had was back in 2006.  We all missed it, so this year I talked Nate's dad in letting me plan one for this year.  I talked with Ashley and Kristen and we planned everything and invited friends and family to come out.

Ashley made these adorable favors.  They are pretzel rods with chocolate and red, white and blue sprinkles. Then she made twizzler packs that look like firecrackers.  So cute!!  :)

Baby Ella was dressed for the occasion.  How cute is she?

Gene had his garage set up with the tables.  Kristen, Ashley and I all got to work setting it up that way we wanted it.  :)

Kristen picked up the stuff we needed.  She got just about everything we wanted from the dollar store or party city.  We wanted to keep it cheap and simple and that's exactly what we did.

I brought a ball jar and my fireflies sign in case anyone wanted to try to catch some lightening bugs.  I tried to catch some but they kept flying up to high for me to get.  :(

Here's the game table Kristen set up.  We had hoolahoops, beach balls, croquet, bubbles, bocce and more. The bandana table cloth, Kristen sewed together.  It's awesome!!  We can totally use it during parties for the summer.  It's so cute.  It would be the perfect blanket for a picnic too.

Kristen gave everyone a name tag to wear.

We had flaggy decorations and sparklers.  We ended up having sparklers left over.  Hopefully, we can use them for something.

Here's a patriotic cake that Gene picked up from the store.  

We had smores too.  :)  

Here's Dave and Daniel roasting marshmallows for us.  Daniel makes them a perfect graham cracker brown. I don't like mine burnt.  Kristen loves hers burnt.  LOL

Here's 1 of the smores I ate.  :)  YUM!  I kinda wished I had one right now.  :)

2 comments:

  1. such a good time! glad to see everyone again and relive the johnsontown tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for all your help! :)

    ReplyDelete