July 17, 2013

Baked Peaches for two

Last night, I came across a pin for baked peaches that took me to the Mrs Happy Homemaker Blog.

I went to my local farmers market today and saw some farm fresh peaches.  They smelled so delicious.  I picked out two and figured I could bake them for dessert.


I walked around and saw a local farmer selling homemade Gelato.  Yes, please!  I bought a small one and thought I would split it between Nate and I for our baked peaches.

Beautiful peach.....

Gelato and a peach

What you will need:

Baking dish
2 peaches (skin on or off)
Brown sugar
Cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
Vanilla extract (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
Gelato or ice cream (optional)
Preheat oven to 375

First wash your peaches.  Then cut in half and take out the pit.  Add each half to your baking dish.  I used my pampered chef baker.

Add brown sugar to each middle.

Sprinkle cinnamon on top.

Put a tablespoon of butter on each peach.  I also drizzled some of my homemade vanilla extract on top of each.

Bake on 375 for 15 minutes.

Plate your peaches top chef style.  LOL  You know...for the picture.  :)  Drizzle the 'syrup' over the top of the peaches.  Then add a dollop or two of gelato or ice cream to the top and enjoy.  This is amazing!  
We both licked our plates clean.  I will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment