July 6, 2013

Garden Update: Day 134

It's so HOT here today but I knew I had to do some re-potting today.  5 plants needed it badly.  In fact, I should have re-potted weeks ago.

My squash and zuke plants were really crying for more room and more soil.

Here's the poor plant.

Before re-potting I cleaned off the plants and got rid of all the dead leaves at the bottom.  I also noticed one squash was completely covered in some sort of mold.  Not sure why but the squash shriveled up and died. :(

I have 1 zuke on the plant.

I have 2 small healthy squash.

I also re-potted my red pepper plant.  Look how tall it is?  

I put the red pepper plant in a bigger pot.  It doesn't look so tall now that it's in a bigger pot.  LOL

I used a lot of my potting mix for the plants.  I have a little bit left over in the bag but not much.

Here's my gardening gloves.  It was better wearing the gloves so I didn't prick my hands on the zuck or squash.  They have some prickly parts.  LOL

Some stacked pots.

I re-potted my marigolds.  They looked like they needed some more room too.  Now they have plenty of room.


The rose plant keeps getting bigger and bigger so I re-potted this too so now she has more room to grow.

Best quote I saw today:  "Every Flower must grow through dirt".  How cute is that?

Here's my big boy tomatoes.  Growing bigger and bigger every day.

This is probably the biggest one so far.....it's about as big as a small bathroom cabinet knob.

More tomatoes.....

Here's everyone nicely tucked into their new pots.  :)


Here's the grape tomatoes.  This is my favorite cluster.  It's hard to tell in the photo but I promise they are getting bigger.  haha


My avocado pit has split all around and the skin has come off.  :)  I'm not ready to plant in soil yet.

2 comments:

  1. so in awe of your garden! :) can't wait to see how the avocado grows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...thanks dude. hopefully I'll get a ton of tomatoes and give you guys some. :)

    ReplyDelete