July 10, 2013

Garden Update: Day 138

Yesterday, I pulled off zucchini number 6 off my plant.  :)

I noticed some scratch marks on the one side of the veggie.  Not sure if this is from an animal (squirrel, bird or cat).  It's just weird tiny scratches just on the one side at the end.  hmmmmm

Now this morning, I checked on my plants.  I always give them water in the morning before work and I check on things to make sure they are all happy.  :) 

This morning, I did see 2 little reddish spiders (spider mites) on the zucchini plant.  :|  I flicked them off.  I am going to need to spray the plants to kill the bugs.  I did it over 2 weeks ago so they probably need another spray.  Oh and I've only found 1 stink bug so far this season which I flicked off.  I also found 2 baby grasshoppers living in the marigolds.  LOL  When I re-potted the marigolds one of the grasshopper babies stayed in the shed with me until I scooted him to the grass.  His brother (or sister) is still living in the marigolds and I figured it doesn't seem to be a problem yet so I'll let it live there.  (for now)
Here's the little guy in the shed just waiting for me to help him find the grass.  :)


I have a squash that will be ready in a few days.  I checked the entire plant and there seems to be at least 3 other little squash but they are all still very tiny.  (lens fogged up from the humidity)

I caught this little bee pollinating one of the healthy squash flowers.  :)

Some more little squash....

Tomatoes are still growing.  This is my favorite fat tomato.  I can't wait to see how big it gets.

More tomatoes.

I picked off dead rose buds.  The rose plant is so happy.  Remember when I first brought it home?  It's growing so good.

Inside garden.....I still have growing my Red Pepper Plant, Grape Tomatoes and Pumpkin seeds.  
(pumpkin seeds are pie and jack seeds)

This morning, while watering I was surprised to see a sprout.  Yes, a pumpkin sprout!!!!  This is a sprout from the pie pumpkin seed pot.  I was so excited to see this little guy.

Here's all 3 pots.  You can see the little sprout poking up.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment