July 1, 2013

Baked Zucchini

I got this HUGE newborn baby size zucchini from a co-worker last week.  I decided to use it for dinner tonight.  

Here's the zucchini on the left.  My zucchini I've grown is on the right.  LOL  :)

I found this blog with a recipe for frying zucchini.  Instead of frying though, I baked mine.

First, mix up your batter and pour into a coating tray.  Add your panko crumbs to a tray.  After that cut up your zuke, and add to a tray.

Zucchini added to the tray.  Then start the process...... Zuke, coat in batter, then coat in panko crumbs.

On a foil lined cookie sheet with pam spray add your coated zucchini.  I decided to bake the zukes instead of fry b/c they taste the same and it's just better for your health than fried is.  Win win!  :)

Bake at 450 degrees until browned to your liking.

Sprinkle immediately with some Parmesan cheese.  Serve with Lemon Aioli, or Ranch Dressing. 

For the batter:

1 1/2 cups of club soda
3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1 tsp salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp black pepper

Whisk the dry ingredients into a small bowl.  Then whisk in your club soda until everything is well combined. Once mixed add the batter to a coating tray and coat your zucchini individually.  After the zukes are coated with the batter add to the tray with the panko bread crumbs and coat each side.  Add the coated zukes to a baking sheet.  Bake your zukes on 450 degrees until brown.  I flipped mine half way to make sure each side was browned.  Serve hot with parm cheese and a dipping sauce.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment