July 20, 2013

Garden Update: Day 148

I went to Lowe's today so I could get some potting soil.  Once I got there I walked around at the plants outside basking in the sunshine.  I saw a few pepper plants with tiny peppers and was tempted to buy one.  But to my delight I saw this huge plant sitting all alone on top of a shelf with a TON of peppers on it slouching over.  Poor thing needed some TLC and I knew I could help it.

I grabbed the pepper plant and carefully put it in the cart.  I also picked up a tomato cage because I knew I would need it to help stand up the pepper plant.  I then went inside the garden center and got a big bag of soil and I picked up two new pots.  While checking out I asked the cashier how much the pepper plant was.  She looked it up and said it's normal price is $10.  She said "But I can give you a hefty discount b/c that plant needs a lot of love".  I laughed and said "great".  The cashier said "How about $3"?  I said "That sounds great".  What a deal!  :)

Once I got home, I had my brother bring in the soil to the backyard and I re-potted the pepper plant.

Here's the plant before....

Slouching pepper plant.  :(

During the re-potting, I loss 3 little peppers.  :*(  But, I think these guys are ready to eat.  The plant says petite bell peppers so I will cut these up and try them and cook them tonight for dinner.  :)

Here's the After.  I had my brother help with the tomato cage and tying the cable ties on for me.  :)

Look at these beautiful peppers.  :)  Makes me smile.

I had my brother, put the peppers inside at my garden indoors.  I don't want the horned caterpillars attacking this new plant.  I decided to move my grape tomatoes outside.  I felt they needed to be put outside because they just seem to be growing so slow.  Maybe putting them outside will help them grow better??

To my surprise I saw this little guy who turned an orange color.  He was hiding within the plants.  He fell off when I touched him.  :(  I don't know if he's ready to be eaten but I'm gonna cut him later to see.  :)

Here's the deck garden now.  My brother cable tied the grape tomatoes on the deck like he did to the big boy tomatoes the other day.  :)  I then added some fresh soil to the plants because they all needed to be topped off.  Then everyone got some fresh water.  :)

Tomatoes......look how much greener the grape tomatoes are.  I just hope moving them outside wasn't a mistake.  I guess we'll see how they do.

Here's the new pepper plant.  :) 

This is what the container garden inside looks like now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment