July 28, 2013

Carters Mountain 2013

Yesterday, I helped my little sister move to a new place.  I mainly watched my niece and watched the boys lift and move heavy furniture.  haha  :)  It was an exhausting day.  Ashley and Daniel treated us to the best pizza in town.  Mary Angelas Pizza.  It was so good and we were all so hungry.  :)

I made plans with Kristen earlier in the week to get some peaches since there was a peach festival going on this weekend.  So, I spent the night at Kristen's house so that we could get up early and go to Carter Mountain Orchard.  :)  It's in Charlottesville which is about an hour from Kristen's.  I've never been and Kristen has been wanting me to check this orchard out with her.  So, BFF road trip here we go.......

Adorable signage.

Another cute sign once you get up near the market area.


Some early gold apples.

Peach Cider.  Kristen said it's good stuff.

Some everbearing strawberries...they smelled fantastic.


Some donut peaches.

A scenic view over the balcony at the market.

An apple tree orchard with views all around.


Here's some apple trees.

Blueish wild flowers

Here's the market.  There isn't much there but it's packed full of lots of goodies.  There was some games outside for the kids and a hayride that was cute.

Freshly picked peaches!  Kristen and I wanted to go to the orchard to pick peaches but a worker told us there wasn't much left.  We decided to buy farm fresh peaches that were already picked for us.  Next year, we'll go earlier to pick our own.

Beautiful peaches.


We both wanted to get a moonshine glass jug.  They were a buck each.  We couldn't figure out what we'd use it for so we didn't get any.  I told Nate about it when I got home and he said I should have gotten one.  LOL  Oh well.....I still don't know what I would do with it.

Driving back down the mountain I snapped this picture.  The roads are really curvy and the drop is pretty far.  LOL  Good thing that road is nicely paved.  :)

I bought peaches and a 6 pack of peach cider donuts.  They are so good.  Kristen also got some peach cookies.  They were delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment