June 5, 2013

2013 Spotsylvania Farmers Market- Visit 2

I love going to the Farmers Market.  Getting fresh fruits and veggies and knowing where it comes from is always a good thing.

My mom met me at the Farmers Market because she wanted to check it out and see what they had today.
First, we walked around to see what each farmer had so we could see what fruits and veggies we wanted to get.  There was lots of squash, beets, cabbage and onions.

The beets looked awesome.  I'm not a beet person so I didn't get any.  The colors were so vibrant.  (hard to see in the picture)  They were reddish orange and the purplish color.

Here's some zukes and squash.

Yummy strawberries.  The farmer said strawberry season was just about over and this was all she had left.  She said she knew she would sell all of them as well.  I hope she did.  You could smell them as you approached the booth.  MMMMM....fresh berries.  :)

Peas in a pod  :)

Freshly dug up potatoes.  I hope my potato plants produce great looking potatoes like these.

More squash from another farmer.  The squash towards the top of the picture were a mustard yellow.  I'd never seen squash that color before.

Some more pictures of produce....

Fresh carrots.....

Red and white onions

Multicolored Cauliflower


So, I spent $16.40 in total for my Farmers Market goodies
The awesome goods.....

Fresh blueberries....that I will probably use for a cake I made before.

Carrot bunch.....I'm thinking of using on Sunday for my, Creamy White Bean and Bacon Soup.

Freshly dug potatoes......

Fresh Asparagus.....

Delicious ripened strawberries.....
I plan on cutting up for a strawberry short cake for dessert tonight

A big and bright red tomato.  I already used for BLT's tonight.  :)

My mom got some lettuce, and 2 containers of strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment