June 30, 2013

Garden Update: Day 126 and Day 128

This past Friday, was day 126.  I watered my garden before work and I loved the way the sun was hitting the plants.  It looked so pretty and vibrant so I had to take some pictures.

I checked my big boy tomatoes and a few really tiny tomatoes.  :)  The pictures didn't turn out.  :(


Blooms from the squash and zucchinis.......



My marigolds doing really well with more flowers getting ready to pop.  These marigolds I grew myself from seeds.  Next year, I think I will grow several pots of marigolds from seeds.  :)

Today, is day 128.  I woke up this morning to a thunderstorm with a torrential down pour.  The good thing was that I didn't have to water my plants.  I knew they would be well watered with the rain.  After I finally got up (I love sleeping in the rain) I decided to see how the plants were doing.

Here's a picture right after the fresh rain....

Looks like I have a zuke and some squash ready for harvest.

I then checked on my big boy tomatoes.  My pictures I took on Friday were blurry so I took some pictures of them today.  They are a little bigger than they were on Friday.

There are a couple on there.

And there are many tomato blossoms on there too.  Here's one.  :)

I picked my veggies and then washed them.  This makes zucchini number 3 and this is squash numbers 2 and 3.  :)  Now I need to incorporate them into dinner in the coming days.  I'm on stay-cation all this week so I'm sure I will think of something fantastic to do with them and if we can't use them I will give them away to neighbors.

Inside......my grape tomatoes and red pepper plant is doing great.


I have many peppers and pepper blossoms.  :)

Here's my favorite clump of grape tomatoes.  There are 3 together here.  I have several others scattered about in different sizes among the plants.

This week, I'm going to plant something I've been wanting to plant for a while and I'm excited to do it.  I saved the seeds from this particular item.  I have 2 varieties of this item.  You will have to wait to see what I'm planting.  :)  Right now, I'm trying to decide that once I plant if I want to have the seeds start inside or outside.  Decisions, Decisions.....  Stay Tuned!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment