June 2, 2013

Amish Friendship Muffins

A few weeks ago, I made Amish Friendship Bread from a starter bag I got from my friend, Crystal.  I saved a starter bag and I let the bag do it's thing for 10 days so I could have another mix to make again.

Today, I decided to make muffins instead of a bread loaf.  I made 12 regular muffins.  Then with the leftover over batter in the bowl, I mixed in some chocolate chips and some of my homemade vanilla extract.  
The muffins came out perfectly and taste so good.  Nate and I really like the added flavor from the chocolate chips and homemade vanilla extract.  :)


Here's a picture of the two different muffins.  The one on the left is the plain friendship muffin and the one on the right is the mini muffin with the chocolate chips.


For this one I didn't save any starters.  I can't keep making this every 10 days.  It def could take over your kitchen.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment