June 23, 2013

Blueberry Cookies

This past Wednesday I got some Farm Fresh Blueberries from the Farmers Market.  I used a few last night in our dinner.  I made homemade pancakes.  :)


I wanted to make something with the rest of the blueberries.  I thought about making cookies and put 'blueberry cookies' in the search bar and got a ton of hits.  I just then had to decide which one to use.  I clicked on a couple and there was some recipes calling for things I didn't have.  Like almonds, cream cheese or lemons.  Then I found this recipe.  It seemed easy enough and I had everything I needed to make them.

First you mix up your cookie batter then add your freshly washed blueberries.

I mixed the blueberries in with my hand mixer until they were mixed in.  The batter turned a light purple.  :)

Then I scooped onto a pam spray cookie sheet.  I add some cinnamon sugar to the top of 6 of them just to see how they would turn out.

Bake on 350 degrees for 10 to 15 min.  I used my cake tester to make sure they were done all the way through.  

And they are delicious.  They are nice and fluffy and soft.  YUMMY!

To make:

*2 sticks unsalted butter (softened)
*1 cup packed brown sugar
*1/4 cup white sugar
*1 egg
*1 tsp vanilla extract (I of course used my homemade vanilla extract)
*2 cups, plus 3 tbsp flour  (I use all purpose)
*3/4 tsp baking powder
*1/3 tsp baking soda (is there even a 1/3 tsp??  I just filled my 1/2 tsp up half way)
*1 tsp salt
*1 cup of blueberries (I didn't measure my berries, I threw all of them in)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Pam spray your cookie sheets or line with baking paper.

Beat your butter, brown sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla extract until well blended.

In a small bowl, combine your flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a fork until well incorporated.

Slowly add the dry mix into your wet mix until all is blended.

Mix in your washed blueberries.

Scoop batter onto cookie sheets and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until your cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.  

Place them on a cooling rack and let them cool.  Then enjoy.  :)  These were a hit!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment