June 5, 2013

Garden Update: Day 103

After watering my garden this morning....I took some pictures because I saw some things I wanted to take pictures of.

Here's my beautiful garden outside.....

I noticed a cute little lady bug crawling around my potato leaves.  :)

I looked closely at the plants because my little sister told me once the potato plant gets flowers then potatoes will be ready to dig up.  There are tiny little buds but no blooms yet so I think it's getting closer.  It will be exciting to see if there are potatoes in there.

I made a target trip earlier, and I overheard a young lady talking to a young target worker and was telling him about growing your own potatoes from a potato.  I stopped and had to say something.  LOL  I told them that I've done it and so far it's working.  We talked about it and I also told the young lady how you could grow celery from a celery base as well.  I told her to go onto Pinterest and she'll find everything on there.  She laughed and they both thought it was cool that my potato plants are growing.  I told them even if I only get 1 potato it will still be cool because I grew it and they agreed.  :)

Anyways, back to the garden......
My zukes have a huge yellow blossom.  YEY!  Some of the other blossoms that haven't popped yet fell off.  They seem to be very delicate.

Here's a freshly watered zuke leafy with water droplets.

Inside after being watered I took a picture of my inside garden.

I noticed my grape tomatoes now have two yellow blooms.  :)

I also checked on my bluebird box and there are 3 baby bluebirds hatched.  They are so brand new and the other 3 eggs haven't hatched yet.  Mother Nature is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment