June 2, 2013

Garden Update: Day 100

Today, is my Garden update: 100!

Here's my Garden outside. 

I have potatoes, big boy tomatoes, zukes, squash, marigolds and a little rose plant.
My recycled milk jugs that I did last year for watering needed to be replaced.  The handle cracked and all the water was pouring out.  I just took a empty jug after the milk was gone and washed it out real good then put the old cap on the new jug.  All fixed.  :)  I re-potted some of the big boy tomatoes b/c they needed more room.  I also staked them with my skewers and cable ties to keep them straight.

My marigolds are doing great.  I think I might get a bigger mairgold plant next weekend b/c this plant doesn't look like it's going to get much bigger.  Marigolds are great companions for tomatoes.

Here's a close up of my zukes that are coming in.

Now inside.......

These are the grape tomatoes that I grew from the seeds of grape tomatoes.

As I was watering the plant I noticed something......................

A yellow tomato flower.  :)  Yey!!  It's the first one and it's a good sign that I will soon have tomatoes.

I re-potted my red pepper plant.  It's getting really big. :)  I hope I get peppers.

My carrots keep growing.  Lots of beautiful green leaves.

I decided that the strawberries weren't going to grow.  :(  I dumped them into the compost pile. 



Front flower bed:

Here's my daisies that come back every year.

My first daisy popped today.  YEY!!!  :)

Here's my star gazer lillies getting ready to bloom.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment