June 26, 2013

Garden Update: Day 124

We got hit pretty hard by a severe thunderstorm this afternoon with heavy rains and gusty winds.  I get home later to find that some of the plants were knocked over.  :(

I walked around the garden to the other side and saw my tomato and flower plants on their sides.  Oh no!! :(

I cleaned everything up and made sure the plants were okay.  Everything is nice and pretty again.  :)

I then checked my squash and zucchini to see the growth progress.  

Here's some squash.....


I now have 4 zukes on the plant.  :)

More zukes....Can you spot them?

Speaking of zukes.......A friend (Sam) of mine from work brought in some zucchini from her garden that she had an abundance of.  She let me have one and now I'm excited to make something with it.  These zukes were the biggest I'd ever seen.  Sam told me that everything she grows ends up being really big.  LOL  I just couldn't believe how big this zuke was.  It's like a newborn baby.  ahahahaha

I propped him up on my zucchini pot with my recent zucchini laying next to it.

Here's another picture of the 2 zucchinis...

And here's one more.  I put a regular fork next to both for size comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment