June 2, 2013

38th Annual Richmond Greek Festival 2013

Yesterday, after work I drove down to RVA to my sisters place so we could check out the 38th Annual Greek Festival.  I've never been and it sounded fun.

It was a hot and humid summer like day where the skies were blue and the fluffy clouds were all about.

See a picture to prove it....  :)

Ella waken up....she had to be fed before we left.  Love her!  She's so cute.  Yes, Kristen she's wearing one of the outfits you bought her.  :)

We got a close spot near the front of the church.  Which was nice b/c I didn't want to walk a ton of blocks in flip flops in the heat.  LOL

Welcome to the Greek Festival.....

First up....We went to the Ala Carte Tent and got food.

We then picked up drinks (lemonade) and found a place to sit and eat.
I got the Souvlaki (chicken kabob) with rice pilaf and baklava.  
Ashley got Spanakopita.  (Spinach and cheese)  
My kabob was good and I loved the rice.  Ashley let me try her food and the spinach filled spanakopita was really good.  I loved it. :)
The baklava....I like the flaky part but not the middle part.  I officially do not like baklava.


There was live music and dancing.  Here's some kids dressed up dancing.  As we were walking past the stage to go look inside I told Ashley the kids dressed up reminded me of the Full House Greek episode and we both started laughing.  :)

Ella was asleep the whole time....I grabbed a sticker for my rainman book at the front table as we walked in. 

There was lots of baked goods, jewelry, t-shirts and paintings inside the church.

Here's a pretty painting of a peacock.

I love the Greek scene.  I picked up a bottle of Olive Oil from the Dimitri Olive Farms booth.  I tried some and it was awesome so I decided to buy a bottle.  I wonder how hard it is to make yourself??  hmmmmmmm  :)

I peeked inside the sanctuary before we left.  It was very beautiful.  

We went to a tent to get some Loukoumades (Greek donuts) to take home.  Ashley said these were really good and she was right.  They were delicious.

Here's some being made....

Here's some other pictures....




Here's my jar of olive oil.  :)

I can't wait to use it.  :)  

After the Greek Festival, we went to Target for a few things then cooled off back at Ashley's.  Then I treated Ashley to dinner at Mimi's Cafe.  Good times!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment