September 9, 2012

Breakfast for dinner


Breakfast for dinner?  Why yes, please!  Nate and I stood at the pantry wondering what to make for dinner. I said "How about breakfast".  We could make scrambled eggs, tots, bacon and pancakes.  Nate perked up, and said "But we don't have pancake mix".  I said "We have flour and sugar and everything to make our own mix".  I went right to the internets and found this recipe and then headed to the kitchen and whipped up the batter.

It took no time at all.  Breakfast is so quick and easy to make.  I put tots and bacon in the oven to bake.  When those were almost done, I started on the pancakes.  While I was in the middle of cooking pancakes, I also made the scrambled eggs.  Once it was all done I plated it all.  I added black pepper and parsley on top of my scrambled eggs.  On Nate's eggs, I added black pepper, parsley, shredded cheese and a little salt.  Nate grabbed a pancake after commenting how awesome they looked and took a bite.  He said "Wow, these are good, they don't even need syrup".  YES!  I tried mine and loved it.  This is a simple and really good recipe!  I will be making these again and again.  Who needs pancake mix when you can make your own and know what's exactly in it.  :)

Here's the pancake recipe:

1 1/2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp vegetable oil

In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients.  Make a well in the center and pour in milk.  Mix it in the flour with a fork.    Add the eggs, vanilla and oil.  Whisk together.  Use a 1/4 measuring cup for the batter to make easy-to-flip pancakes.

2 comments:

  1. breakfast for dinner is on the agenda for tonight and i hope it turns out this good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm sure it will be just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete