February 10, 2013

Creamy White Bean and Bacon Soup

For dinner, tonight I got my recipe from Table for Two Blog.  The table for two blog might be one of my new favorite blogs.  I'm seeing so many things on there I want to make.  

For the soup, I changed it a little for my own preference.  It was a hit!!  :)


2 can of Cannellini beans (I did not drain)
3 cans (from beans) of water
8 strips of bacon (baked in oven, cooled then crumbled)
minced garlic
3 tbsp bacon grease
medium yellow onion (chopped)
2 large carrots (washed, peeled and cut into tiny pieces)
2 tbsp of tomato paste
parsley flakes
black pepper

In a pot, add your beans (do not drain bean juice), water, parsley flakes, black pepper and a tbsp of tomato paste.  Let it come to a simmer.  While your waiting for the beans to come to a simmer, cook up 3 tbsp of bacon grease, minced garlic, 1 tbsp tomato paste, carrot pieces, chopped onion and bacon crumbles into a hot skillet.  Cook up for a few minutes.  Stir bacon mixture into the bean pot.   Add a little more black pepper and parsley.  Cover with lid and let it simmer for about 40 to 45 minutes.  Serve with some bread slices.  

No comments:

Post a Comment