March 3, 2013

Simple Blueberry Cake with Cinnamon Streusel

I had some leftover blueberries that I wanted to use up before they went bad.  I looked around on Pinterest to find a simple recipe where I had all the ingredients on hand and that I could use my blueberries in.  I came across this one.  I went to the kitchen to bake.....

I had 'The Tales of my Cooking' Blog, up on my laptop so I could follow the recipe.

I gathered all the ingredients and got to work.....

Here's the batter in a small round cake pan.

Add your streusel evenly on top.

Bake on 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes.  When your cake tester (or toothpick) comes out clean, your blueberry cake is done.  :)

Let cool and enjoy.

My husband and I loved it.  Best of all we used the blueberries so they wouldn't be wasted and I made a delicious homemade treat.  :)

Streusel Topping:
1/3 cup flour (all purpose)
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup of unsalted butter

Blueberry cake batter:
1 cup flour (all purpose)
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used more than original blogger and I used my homemade vanilla)
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup milk (fat free)
blueberries (washed)

1.  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2.  Mix your streusel topping in a small bowl until it comes to a course crumble powder.
3.  In a large bowl I mixed the cake batter ingredients with my handheld mixer.
4.  Once batter is well combined, gently mix in the blueberries.
5.  Add batter to pam sprayed cake pan.
6.  Add streusel topping evenly on top.
7.  Bake
8.  Cool
9.  Enjoy  :)

2 comments:

  1. thats a perfectly baked blueberry cake.. !! :) U are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sowmya!!! :) You're awesome too. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog.

    ReplyDelete