March 16, 2013

Homemade Mints

My sister, came up yesterday to use my kitchen to do some baking for some things she wanted for her baby shower.  I was supposed to help but I've been sick all week with bronchitis and a severe sinus infection so I did more watching than actually helping.  Ah well.  Ashley made French Macarons and I think they turned out much better than last time.  She used a different recipe this time and used store bought buttercream which made the process easier.

Ashley found a homemade mints recipe on Pinterest and knew she wanted to make these.

You will need:

3 oz cream cheese (softened)
1 tsp peppermint
3 cups powdered sugar

Ashley doubled the recipe.

Mix the cream cheese and peppermint until combined and smooth.  Then mix in 1 cup of powdered sugar at a time until all mixed.

Take a little bit of the mix and roll it into a ball and place on some parchment paper with a light dusting of powdered sugar.  Ashley, asked if I had any stamps that would work and I told her I had a letter 'B' which was just the perfect size.


Aren't they adorable??


Put them in an air tight container to let them firm up overnight.

My sister bagged up the mints and gave them out as favors at her shower.  I hear they were a hit!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment