March 9, 2013

Homemade Brownies with Chocolate Chips

Baking something with chocolate was calling my name this evening.  I immediately went to Pinterest to find a homemade brownie recipe.  I found Lynn's Kitchen Adventures Blog with this easy homemade brownie recipe.  I went right to the kitchen to start dinner and while dinner was cooking I whisked up the brownies.

Brownies hot out of the oven.  And the best part....your house will smell divine for hours.  MMMMM


Yummy!


They are so good.  I will never buy box mix again.  From scratch brownies is so easy and so much more delicious plus you know everything that's in them.  :)


Brownie Mix:

*1 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
*1 tsp baking powder
*1 tsp salt
*2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
*2 cups white sugar

I mixed the brownie mix in a big bowl with a fork until everything was well combined.  
Note: If you aren't making the brownies right away, you can add the dry mix to a jar or container to have it ready when you want to make them.  :)

If you're making brownies right away, then you add......

*1 cup butter (I used 2 unsalted butter sticks and melted them in the microwave, and then put it in the fridge for a little while to cool down).
*3 eggs
*1 tsp vanilla extract (I of course used my homemade vanilla)

Blend the wet ingredients with the dry with a hand mixer until everything is combined.
  
****I like to add chocolate chips to the brownie batter.  My friend, Dave taught me that years ago and it's GENIUS!  I just added a few handfuls to the batter and then mixed them in.

Add the brownie batter evenly to a pam sprayed brownie pan and then bake on 350 degrees for 22 to 30 minutes or until done.  Use a cake tester to check them.  I think it took my brownies about 30 minutes.  Every oven is different so just keep an eye on them once it's past 20 minutes.  

Once the brownies are done and have cooled, cut into squares, eat and wash them down with a cold cup of milk.  :)  Enjoy!


Do you like the fabric??  I have some big plans for it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment