March 5, 2013

Re-Grow your own Celery

My friend, Kristen inspired me today by re-growing green onions.  How awesome????  Kristen, never has to buy green onions again!!!  I wanted to re-grow something.  I've come across so many tips on Pinterest on how you can re-grow your own veggies.  From potatoes, and onions, to celery.  Today, I bought a stalk of celery from the store to use in dinner tomorrow.  I came across this blog and this blog on how to re-grow celery.  I hope to never buy celery again.  And in case I get a bunch of celery I can't use up right away then I will freeze it.  :)

You won't believe how easy this is.......
First off, get a celery stalk.  Cut off the end.

Place the end in a small bowl or a saucer.

Add water to the bowl.  Sit in a window sill and let it soak in the sunshine.  Today, it's soaking in the clouds because the weather is calling for rain and snow.  But hopefully, it will soak in the sunshine once the sun comes back out.  :)

Be sure to change out the water daily.  I read that the celery should start to have re-growth in 5 to 7 days.  *crosses fingers*  Once re-growth has taken place you can re-plant to a small pot with soil.  I will post updates!  :)  I'm going to try to re-grow onions too.  Wish me luck!


2 comments:

  1. You are a gardening fool today! :) Good luck with your goodies!

    I just love how the celery base looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha....thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete