March 5, 2013

Re-Grow your own Potatoes

Okay, so I've just gotten in the growing mood lately.  I started with grape tomatoes, celery, then an onion, and now potatoes.  I'm so glad all this information on 'how to' is on Pinterest.  :)

I took out potatoes for dinner.  I was a little angry to see a 5lb bag of white potatoes that I just bought last week with eyes (sprouts) on them all ruined.  But then I thought to myself  "grow potatoes from the sprouts" and I did just that.

I took a few of the sprouts and cut them off the potatoes leaving some potato on them.  The blog I read about growing potatoes says to let them dry out for a few days.  I didn't do that.  I figured they would get wet anyway when I watered, and they were kinda already dry when I took them out the bag.

I placed the soil in a small pot then placed the sprouts inside.  Make sure the eyes are facing up.  I fixed mine after the picture.  :)

Then cover completely with soil.

Here's the potatoes in a pot next to the onion.

I brought them inside and put in a window.  They are next to my grape tomatoes that are growing in egg shells.

Now with all these future veggies, I have to remember to water them so my plant babies grow.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment