March 24, 2013

Indoor Garden Update/ Replanting

It's about day 20 of my indoor gardening.  I made my way over to Lowe's today and picked up 2 big bags of container potting mix.  I also got 2 little plastic pots.  Oh and microwave bulbs because the lights were out.

After I got home I got right to work on the gardening.  I needed to re-plant my little grape tomatoes.  Look how much growth they've had.  Compare to day 1 or day 12.

I put the grape tomato plants, eggshells and all in medium size pots.  Only 3 eggs shells had no growth.  I didn't plant those 3.  Not sure what happened with them.  I left them outside in compost in my shed.  There are 8 in the left pot and 7 in the right pot.

I then looked at my potato.  It's growing pretty good.  Read about Day 15.

I dumped out the plant and soil because I noticed more potatoes were trying to poke up and there was lots of roots.  I replanted them into little pots to give them more room.  I put 2 in each and then the one with the leaves I left by itself.  I was careful with the plant but I might have accidentally broke the stem.  It seemed flimsy to me.  I guess we'll see how it does.  I hope I didn't damage it.  :(

I then grabbed my celery and decided it was time to plant it in soil.  Today is day 19.

I planted the celery in a small pot and made sure the entire base was covered in soil.

I brought everything inside and placed in front of the window.  The potatoes are on the window sill.  You can't really see them in the picture.  I hope everything continues to grow.  :)

I picked up a small hydrangea plant to put at my work desk window.  :)  Right now it's sitting in a window sill.  I might leave it there.  Not sure yet.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bonnie your garden is coming along well! Great job! The Hydrangea is adorable by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa!! You should start a farming blog. :D

    ReplyDelete