March 19, 2013

Indoor Garden update

I'm excited to give you an update on my indoor garden.  I have a bunch of grape tomatoes growing in the egg shells.  I started the tomatoes from store bought grape tomatoes.  I can't believe how good they are doing.  :)  I have 18 egg shells here.  All but 2 have growth.....so far.  I hope the other 2 shells get some sprouting but if not it's okay because I have 16 others.  :)


There's a lot of sprouting going on....

I also noticed today.....I have some growth with my potatoes.  They are on day 15.  Look at the little speck of green.

Look at that little sprout.  I'm going to have to transfer the potatoes in a bigger pot soon and cover them with some more soil so the sprouts stay buried.  Note to self:  Buy more container soil.  :)  Might be making a trip to Lowe's this weekend.

And day 14 of my celery.  :)  It just keeps growing and growing.  This will need to be re-potted soon too and I'll add some soil covering the base but leaving the leafs clear.  I do notice the base starts browning but every re-grow your celery blog has the browning on their bases too.  As long as the middle doesn't brown then I'm good.

I still have my cooking onion growing.  It's covered in soil so it's hard to see what's happening with it.  I had a white onion just sitting in a clear bowl with water.  I changed the water out every day but it just wasn't growing.  I came home today from running an errand and the whole house reeked of onion.  It was the white onion, so I threw it out.  It was disgusting.  We'll see how the cooking onion does.

No comments:

Post a Comment