January 30, 2015

Make your own Pancake and Brownie Mixes

I've been on a stay-cation from work all week.  A much needed break for sure.  I've mainly been running errands, cleaning/sorting and organizing my house.  I've also been having lots of Netflix marathons.  (I started watching the 'Sons of Anarchy' and well.....I'm obsessed).

The other day I made my own cake mixes to have on hand when I need a cake mix and don't want to use those box mixes.

Today, I wanted to make some pancake mix and brownie mix so I have it ready to go when I want to use them.  I've been using my own pancake and brownie mixes for a while now.

I gathered some ball jars and tupperware.  (tupperware not pictured)

I then gathered up the ingredients and got right to it.  



Pancake Mix ( I did half a recipe)

-3/4 cup flour
-1 tbsp sugar
-1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

Mix in a bowl with a fork until everything is combined.  Funnel into ball jar.

_________________________________________________________________________________


-1 1/4 cup flour
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-2/3 cup cocoa
-2 cups white sugar

Mix in a bowl with a fork until everything is combined.  Funnel into a large ball jar or tupperware.



Scooping some flour.

Mixing brownie mix.

I made 2 pancake mixes and 2 brownie mixes.

Both mixes only need the wet ingredients mixed in when I'm ready to use.  This makes things a little easier when I want to do some baking.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment