January 26, 2015

Homemade Lasagna

I made Lasagna last night for dinner.  I didn't follow a recipe.  I just did what I thought would work.

I used:

Lean Turkey Meat
Pork Sausage
2 onions (chopped)
2 bell peppers (chopped)
Can of Spaghetti sauce
W sauce
Black pepper
Italian Seasoning
Lasagna noodles
Mozzarella cheese (reduced fat)
parsley

I cooked up the turkey meat and pork sausage together with some W sauce, black pepper and Italian seasoning.  I added onions and peppers and let everything cook up for about 2 minutes.  I then added spaghetti sauce, more w sauce, black pepper, Italian seasoning and put the lid on it and let the sauce simmer.  I boiled some water and cooked the lasagna noodles.  Once the noodles were done and drained I then layered everything in a squared pan.

Layers:

noodles
meat sauce
cheese
noodles
meat sauce
cheese
noodles
meat sauce
cheese
noodles
meat sauce
cheese

I got 4 layers total.  Once I was done, I sprinkled some black pepper and parsley on top.  I baked on 350 for about 30-45 minutes until cheese was melted.

Once it was done I took out.  The edges browned a little more than I would have liked.  I should have out some foiled around edges maybe?  Oh well, it was still awesome tasting.

I was even able to pack away 4 tupperware containers each with a serving for lunches or dinner leftovers.  So yummy and filling.  It tasted just like lasagna.  I did good with just going with the flow and not using a recipe.

My husband said and I quote "That was the most perfect lasagna ever".  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment