January 17, 2015

Planting Seeds for 2015

The other day, I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up some seed packets.  Today, after I was done running errands, cleaning the house, and prepping meals for the week, I decided to do some planting.

I love the smell of fresh dirt.  Not sure why though.  I enjoyed playing in dirt when I was a kid.  Am I weird?  Or maybe every gardener loves dirt?  :)

I started with the little greenhouses I got from the dollar tree.  I put dirt in each one.  Then I had to decide what seeds I wanted where.  Decisions, decisions.....I know most people think long and hard about planting.  I like to just dive right in and see what takes and what doesn't.

I picked out the seeds I wanted in the little greenhouse containers.

Curious to what seeds from certain veggies look like?  Well I'm going to show you.  :)

Greenbeans-  How adorable are the seeds?  I've never grown beans so I'm crossing my fingers.

Sugar Snap Peas-  They look like little dried up peas.

Alaska Peas- I grew these last year with huge success.

Broccoli-  Little black seeds.
The 4 green veggies above is all I planted in the little greenhouse containers.  I might go back and get some more of these containers if they do help my seeds sprout.  I like these containers so far.

See the seeds?  I covered them with more dirt.  Gave everyone a drink of water and then put the lid on them and set them in the window.

In some plastic cups I had, I poked some holes in the bottom for drainage and then added dirt and seeds.

Squash

Zucchini

Cucumber

Marigold

Sunflower

Carrots

Cherry Toms

Here's my sunny window with the seedlings.

With daily water, love and sunshine, I should see sprouts in about a week.  So, maybe by next weekend we will see something?  Now we just have to wait.

I have more seeds I want to plant but at least I've got some started.  I also want to get my seed bank and garden book organized.  More on that later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment