October 19, 2014

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

I got in a baking mood today but didn't want to bake up something that was bad for us.  I came across a recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Spice Muffins and figured I would use it as a guide to make a bread.


In a large bowl mix the wet ingredients.

1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter (soft)
2 mashed bananas
1 egg
2/3 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
1 1/2 tsp homemade vanilla extract

In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients.

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

The batter will become thick once it's almost done mixing.

Slowly add the dry into the wet until everything is combined.  Add to a pam sprayed loaf pan and bake. I baked in a loaf pan on 350 degrees until a tooth pick came out clean.  I think it was about 25 to 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment