October 24, 2014

White Bean and Andouille Soup

I came up with a soup for dinner tonight.  I made it up in my head with ingredients I thought would be good together and it was scrumptious!

Introducing.......White Bean and Andouille Soup


You will need:

3 cans of white beans (cannellini beans)
1 can chicken broth (reduced sodium)
4 andouille sausage links
1 onion (chopped)
minced garlic
black pepper
parsley flakes

I dumped the beans and chicken broth in a soup pot and brought it to a boil.  I heated up the andouille in the microwave, then sliced it and set aside.  In a frying pan, I put some minced garlic and chopped onion and cooked for about 2 minutes.  I then added the andouille and cooked for about 1 minute.  Add onion mix to the soup pot and stir real good.  Turn down the heat to medium and put the lid on the pot and let simmer for about 20 minutes.  I heated up some bread sticks to go with the soup.

This was delicious and will be in our soup rotation this fall/winter on those really chilly nights.  My husband loved it which makes me happy that he likes what I made. 

I love it when something you think up on your own comes together so perfectly.  I'm thinking you can probably add veggies to it too.  Like maybe some zucchini, or green beans?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment