October 10, 2014

Healthy Lunches

Last week, I posted about taking lunches to work and trying to come up with different ideas on healthier lunches.  

Here's what I did this week.

Monday:

On Monday, I met up with two friends, Toni and Tricia for a lunch date at the Mason Dixon Cafe and Baking Co.  We try to get together a few times a year and it's always fun catching up with one another.  I got the house salad with buttermilk ranch and I added chicken.  The salad was good.  One of my new top favorites!!

I also brought a few snacks this day.

Half a whole wheat English muffin with some reduced fat peanut butter and a reduced fat mozzarella string cheese.

Some red grapes


Tuesday:

I brought some sliced cucumbers, reduced fat mozzarella string cheese, cup of red grapes, 3/4 cup honey nut cheerios, half whole wheat English muffin and 1 turkey sausage patty.

Honey nut cheerios up close.  :)

Wednesday:

I had leftover zucchini taco mix, red grapes, reduced fat mozzarella string cheese, half whole wheat English muffin, and 1 turkey sausage patty.

Thursday:

1 whole wheat English muffin, 2 turkey sausage patties, red grapes and light key lime yogurt. 

Friday:

1 whole wheat English muffin, 2 turkey sausage patties, red grapes, light key lime yogurt and 2 whole grain fig newtons.

Kinda boring this week.  I grabbed what was easy.  Hopefully, I will mix things up a bit more next week.  :)

I love these containers for bringing my food in.  I did end up breaking a piece of the lid off on one of my containers.  :(  I took it off too quickly pulling up from the middle and a small piece snapped off.  It still closes so I'm not too concerned but I was a little upset since you can't find these anymore in stores.  I did look at Target when I went in there a few days ago and they don't have them anymore.  They didn't have any ziploc containers so I think maybe new ones are coming out.  We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment