October 17, 2014

Healthy Lunches

For the last 2 weeks I have been blogging my lunches for the week.  Read about the first week, or second week.  Here's all my lunches from this week.

Monday:

This day, I had spinach and arugula mix, with some roast beef lunch meat, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, and dressing (I got from the farmers market a while back).  I also had some red grapes and farmers market cherry tomatoes.

Tuesday:

I had a whole wheat English muffin, 2 turkey sausage patties, 2 whole grain fig newtons, red grapes and some strawberry yogurt drops.

Wednesday:

This day, I had some romaine lettuce, chicken shortcuts (cut into smaller pieces) with some light Italian dressing, baby carrots, half an avocado, key lime yogurt and some fresh raspberries and red grapes.  

Tip:I did get a tip from my BFF on how to store the other half of the unused avocado.  Store with pit in a ziploc bag in fridge and use next day.  It didn't brown at all.  I was happy.

Thursday:

On this day, I had a whole wheat English muffin, with the sliced up the other half of the my avocado from fridge, turkey lunch meat, a few bacon bits, reduced fat mozzarella cheese, and some farmers market cherry tomatoes.  I put the avocado on the muffin, and added the turkey and bacon bits and ate as a little sammich.  It was yummy.

Friday:

I found a cute idea for English muffin pizzas on pinterest.  I decided I wanted to make these for lunch today.  So, I had a whole wheat English muffin, pizza sauce, turkey pepperoni's, reduced fat cheese, and some farmers market cherry tomatoes.

I put a little bit of pizza sauce in a little container.

I then counted out 16 turkey pepperoni slices.  16 slices are just 70 calories.

I also put some cheese in with my tomatoes.

At work, I put the muffin slices in the toaster and toasted them.  Then I put them on a paper plate, and added sauce, cheese and pepperoni.  I then zapped in microwave for 1 minute and they came out great.  Co-workers were even eyeballing and trying to take them.  I loved them and will def make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment