October 11, 2014

Farmers Market: 10/11

When I woke up this morning it was pouring rain outside.  It's one of those days where you really just want to be lazy and stay inside in your jammies.  I was going to go to an apple harvest festival with my BFF but since it was raining we decided against it.

I needed to go to Wegmans, so I figured I'd stop off at the farmers market before the store to get some farm fresh produce.

The market wasn't too crowed.  I guess the rain deters some people from showing up.  A little rain never hurt anyone.  :)

At one farmer....these heirloom tomatoes were just visually stunning.  The picture doesn't show you how vibrant the colors are.  Beautiful!

These carrots looked so colorful too.

These sweet potatoes had amazing colors as well.

I had $20 in cash.  I spent $8.50 at one farm vendor for zucchini, squash, and a pumpkin.  The pumpkin is for some contest I'm participating in.  :)  I also got some of my favorite apples (honey crisp) for $5 from a fruit vendor.

I walked around some other vendors and stumbled across 3 baskets full of peppers for only $8.  I picked out a basket and took it to the farmer to buy them.  As I'm pulling out my money I realize I didn't have $8.  I asked the farmer if he took debit and he said no.  I said "okay, I'll have to put these back since I don't have enough cash".  He said "how much do you have".  I said "$6.50".  The farmer said "I will take $6.50".  I smiled and said "are you sure, you can take some peppers out".  He smiled back and said "no, you're okay".  I got this whole basket of peppers, including the adorable basket for $6.50.  Best purchase ever!  I will def keep buying farm fresh produce from him.  So kind!  :)

I stopped at another farm vendor on my way out and picked up $8.85 more in produce.  I used my debit card at that booth.  I got cherry tomatoes, onions, red potatoes, baby pumpkin (for desk at work), cucumbers, and green beans.

Here's everything I got from the market.  Total:  $28.85

No comments:

Post a Comment