October 11, 2014

What to do with 40 peppers....

I got a basket full of peppers this morning for just $6.50 at the farmers market this morning. 

I even got to keep the adorable basket!  :)  I plan to use this basket for my harvest to and from my greenhouse.  :)

Anyways, I washed all the peppers real good.

Then I paired them up on the counters by matching them with same size peppers.

There was 1 pepper that was really rotted so I threw it out.  So, I had 39 good peppers to use.

I cut them all up.  Here's the unused pepper pieces.

I got my freezer bags ready and then cut the peppers into pieces or sliced them into strips.

Here's the stacks of peppers in the freezer bags.  I use dollar tree bags.  I also use a straw to suck out the air in the bags.  Works great!  :)

All lined up on the counter.  I have 6 bags with diced peppers and 3 bags with sliced strips.

In the freezer they go.  :)

Here's my picture I put on instagram.  :)

I sure did get a great deal.  I love the mix of different colors of all the peppers.  



No comments:

Post a Comment