July 16, 2014

Homemade Vanilla Wafers

Let's try to make something again for my work food swap?  I went with Homemade Vanilla Wafer Cookies which I got from this blog.  Recipe was easy and the cookies look adorable!

I mixed up the dough and put it in a ziploc bag with a cake tip.

I then added little dough drops (think the size of a chocolate chip) onto a baking sheet.

I filled 4 cookie sheets full with dough dots.

After they were done baking I let them cool.

How adorable are these?

I packaged the wafers in little bags and tied each with a purple ribbon.  I had 9 bags to fill which each got 42 cookies.  Then I had a small ziploc bag with probably another 30 to 40 cookies for sampling.


To make you will need:

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup of flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Spray baking sheets with pam spray or use parchment paper.  I used spray because I didn't have parchment paper.  
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light.  Beat in an egg and vanilla extract.
In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking powder with a fork.  Then mix into the sugar mixer until all is combined.  Scrape dough into a pastry/ziploc bag with a piping tip.
Pipe dough onto baking sheet.  Pipe to about the size of a chocolate chip.  I flattened them just a little bit.  The cookies will spread a little but not too much.  Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.  Watch them so they don't get too brown.  This will make about 385 cookies if you make them the all the same size.

They were delicious.  They would be perfect for homemade banana pudding.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment