July 27, 2014

Fredericksburg Fair 2014

Earlier, this week I decided to make my chocolate chip cookies for the county fair.  I am entering the state fair but that isn't for another few months.  I figured I could use this as practice for state.  :)

I baked my cookies on Wednesday night.

I packaged them and dropped them off Thursday morning all ready to be judged.  
The cookies were judged on Friday morning.

When I dropped off my cookies I got a free fair ticket.  I decided to go today after I went to the grocery store to see my cookies.  I already knew I'd won a ribbon because a friend of mine went and sent me a text.  But I needed to see for myself.  :)

Here's the entry way.

I went right to the homemaking building.

Cute 'baked goods' sign.

I walked around several glass display cakes filled with pies, cakes, cookies and cupcakes.  I found my cookies.  2nd row, 3rd from left.

Here's the 1st, 2nd and 3rd.  I placed 3rd.  I'm okay with that.  It's still an award.  :)

How awesome?

Here's a close up of the 3rd place ribbon.  I am ready to compete in the state fair.  :)

I walked around and looked at the other entries.  Lots of garden fresh veggies.  I might do this one next year.  I can't believe how big some of these zukes are.

Some peppers and potatoes.  Not that many....maybe I can submit potatoes next year?

When I was dropping off my cookies I met the guy who brought in this display.  Everything isn't looking as pretty as it did Thursday morning.  It's still lovely though.

Here's some more garden fresh veggies.





I then walked over to the animal pens.  You can't go to the fair and not say hello to the animals.  :)

This little pig (though he wasn't really little) was drinking some water.  He looked cute sitting there.

Cute little sheep.

More sheep.

I liked this guy.  It was really humid and all the animals were panting.  :(  Some pens had big fans blowing in and some of the sheep were standing in front trying to cool off.  

Alpaca.......This one needs their hair trimmed.

Peacock

Baby chicks

I then made my way over to the petting zoo.  This guy liked chewing on the gate.

In the next pen were some small sheep and baby cows.  Check out that guy in the middle.  Yep, after I took picture I looked and the pee was flowing from that animal.  haha  There was a family in there and the mother was looking at that animal with disbelief.  It was funny.

On the way out of the petting zoo I noticed a sign that said "Camel rides- $6".  Luckily, for him no one was lined up to ride him so he could just chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment