July 5, 2014

BBQ Chicken, Mexican Corn on the Cob and Avocado Potato Salad

Dinner tonight was pretty yummy and easy to make.  I like to cook my protein on the weekend so when my husband and I come home from work we can just heat it up.  This past week we had chicken breasts every night.  We had 2 chicken breasts left for tonight that we needed to use.  I don't like to waste food.  I heated up the chicken and ate it with BBQ sauce.  I also made Mexican Corn on the cob (used blog as a guide) and I made an Avocado Potato Salad.  


Mexican Corn on the cob:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Once ready put your ears of corn, in it's husk directly on the oven rack.  Roast the ears for about 40 to 45 minutes.

Once done and cooled a little bit, husk the corn.  Brush on some melted unsalted butter and some lime juice.  Sprinkle on some chili seasoning and feta cheese.  (I used feta because that's what I had on hand)  Serve hot!  It's really yummy.  I didn't use too much chili seasoning because I didn't want it to be too spicy.  The flavors were amazing together.


Avocado Potato Salad:

I didn't use a blog or recipe for this.  I just came up with my own take on it.  How hard can it be?  :)  
Wash, cut up and boil some potatoes.  I used baby whites from my farmers market haul I picked up this morning.  Once the potatoes are tender and done, drain and then add to a bowl.  In a separate bowl, mash up a ripe avocado and some lime juice.  The lime juice will keep the avocado from browning.  Add avocado mash to your potatoes.  Sprinkle in some bacon bits, red pepper flakes, sea salt, parsley flakes and black pepper.  Mix until combined.  
I left some of the potatoes chunky but you can mix until smooth if you want.  This was very tasty and a little different than just plain mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment