July 20, 2014

Homemade Ratatouille

I made Homemade Ratatouille tonight for dinner.  It was DELICIOUS!!  My husband, really liked it and I liked that I was making him eat vegetables!  :)  I even used my homegrown eggplants in this dish.  All the veggies I used were either homegrown from my garden or from a local farmers market.  :)

Here's what my finished Ratatouille looked like.

Have you ever seen the movie Ratatouille?  It's such a cute little movie about a rat named "Remy" who just wants to be a chef and cook in Paris.
(picture taken from google images)

I decided to make my own Ratatouille my way using this blog as a guide.

Just like Remy does in the movie I began assembling the Ratatouille dish.
(picture taken from google images)

I used a 9x13 baking dish because I didn't have a circular pan deep enough.

I added some sliced tomatoes on top.

I made the sauce with onions, peppers, tomato sauce and andouille sausage.  
I baked on 350 degrees for about 45 to 50 minutes.

I then sprinkled some cheese on top and baked until cheese was melted.  (10-15 min)

Then it was time to plate.

Here's Remy plating the Ratatouille for the food critic.
(picture taken from google images)

Here's me plating to EAT.  :)

You will need:
(picture taken from google images)

andouille sausage (optional)
onion (chopped)
bell peppers (2 or 3, chopped)
minced garlic
tomato sauce
eggplant (sliced)
zucchini (sliced)
squash (sliced)
tomatoes (sliced)
salt
black pepper
red pepper flakes
parsley flakes
reduced fat cheese (optional)

Let's cook shall we?
(picture taken from google images)

To make:

In a skillet, cook up some minced garlic and chopped onion.  While that's cooking heat up some andouille sausage in the microwave.  Slice up the sausage when it's done.  Add chopped bell pepper and sliced andouille sausage to skillet.  Then add 1 big can of tomato sauce.  Sprinkle some black pepper, salt, and parsley flakes.  Mix and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(picture taken from google images)

Spray baking dish with some pam.  Put some sauce mixture into the bottom of the dish.
Slice up your eggplant, squash, zucchini and tomatoes.  Try to keep them the same size.
Then layer your veggies how you'd like.  I kept it simple...nothing fancy.  Once done pour the rest of the sauce mix on top, making sure everything is covered.  Cover with foil and bake on 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.  Once done, remove foil and sprinkle on some cheese.  Add a little more black pepper and parsley flakes on top of cheese.  Let bake until cheese is melted.  About 10 to 15 minutes.  Serve hot!  :)

Enjoy!  :)
(Gif taken from google images)

No comments:

Post a Comment