October 3, 2015

Soft Glazed Pumpkin Sugar Cookies

I wanted something to bake something sweet with pumpkin.  It's a cold and rainy weekend here in Virginia because of Hurricane Joaquin.  Thankfully the hurricane drifted back to sea and all we are getting is rain.  I'm having a lazy weekend in my jammies and not going anywhere.  Sometimes you just need a lazy weekend.  It's not too lazy though. I'm still doing house chores and meal prep.

I found a recipe for soft glazed pumpkin sugar cookies.   I decided to make them.

Mixing the dough.

Cookies cooling.



Delicious!  :)

I also added some chocolate chips to some of the dough.

The chocolate chips made the cookies even more amazing.  So yummy.

For the cookies you will need:

1 stick unsalted butter  (softened)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tarter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
chocolate chips......optional

For the glaze you will need:  (I halved this and it was more than enough)

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp water
1/8 tsp pumpkin spice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, mix all the wet ingredients until smooth.  In a small bowl mix the dry ingredients and slowly incorporate the dry into the wet.  Scoop dough dollops onto the cookie sheet and flatten if you want.  I didn't flatten.  Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.

While cookies are baking go ahead and make glaze.
When cookies are done, transfer to cooling rack and pour some glaze on top.  I placed some wax paper under cooling rack to catch glaze drizzle.  I also scraped glaze from wax paper and used it so none went to waste.  Let glaze dry for several hours or eat warm.  :)


These turned out great.  I loved them.  I did like them better with the chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment