August 29, 2015

Cookie Dough Dip

I've made cookie dough dip several times now.  I've found that you can pretty much use whatever you want as your candy.

I made some dip for a party we had for my brother.  I used his favorite candy.  Reese's peanut butter cup and Reese's pieces.




You will need:

1/2 cup unsalted stick of butter (cut into small pieces)
1/3 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
8oz package of cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup candies (you can use pretty much whatever you want.  I've used M&M Minis, mini chocolate chips, crushed peanut butter cup, and reese's pieces.  Crushed oreos would be awesome)


In a small pot, melt the butter, brown sugar and salt stirring constantly until everything is melted.  Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool to room temperature.

Once the butter/sugar mix was cool, I mixed up the cream cheese and powdered sugar.

Mix in the butter/sugar mix until combined.

Add your candy and mix.  Refrigerate for an hour.  Sit out a few minutes before serving to soften up a bit.

Serve with graham crackers, animal cookies, nabisco wafers, or oreo cookies.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment