April 25, 2015

M&M Minis Cookie Dough Dip

If you're like me then you've had your fair share of raw cookie dough.  As you eat it, you know that you shouldn't eat it because there's raw egg in it.  You think to yourself while you enjoy that heaping spoonful.....what if you get sick?  But then you shake it off and you go ahead and enjoy that spoonful or two or three.  :)

Well, no need to worry about getting sick from raw egg anymore.

At my work food swap I organized this past week, my friend, Sharon made and swapped us with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip.

This stuff is good and let me warn you......very addicting!  You can eat it with graham crackers, nilla wafers, animal crackers or just grab a spoon.

While we were all chatting, Sharon and I were thinking of other things to use instead of mini chocolate chips.  I think that crumbled up oreo cookies would be good.  She agreed.  She then suggested maybe even using M&M minis.  I thought that was genius.

So, it was on my to do list to make at some point today.  
(I'm so glad I walked/jogged for an hour on the treadmill today).


While at Target today, I picked up a bag of M&M minis.  They were on sale and also on cartwheel.  SCORE!  :)  I got the bag for $2.39.  Every penny counts when it comes to savings.

The only other ingredient that I needed was cream cheese and that was on cartwheel too. 

You will need:

1/2 cup unsalted stick of butter (cut into small pieces)
1/3 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla (I used my homemade vanilla extract)
8oz package of cream cheese (I used 1/3 fat)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips or other candies (I used M&M Minis)


In a small pot, melt the butter, brown sugar and salt stirring constantly until everything is melted.  Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract and set aside to cool to room temperature.


Once the butter/sugar mix was cool, I mixed up the cream cheese and powdered sugar.

Mix in the butter/sugar mix until combined.

Add your candy.

Mix

MMMMMM  (I noticed the M&M's colors bled in the cream cheese.....oh well).

Serve it up with whatever graham crackers, cookies you'd like.

Be sure to have a spoon at the ready, because you will need it.  Leftovers (hahaha.....like you will have any) can be stored in the fridge up to 5 days.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment