August 29, 2015

Homemade Chicken Salad

I regrew celery from a base of store bought celery.  Here's the base in water.

It grows pretty quickly.


I kept the base in clean water in a bowl.  As it grew bigger, I just got a bigger bowl.  I rinsed the celery base and changed the water every few days.  I've kept it in my sunny kitchen window.

Here's how big it's gotten.  :)  I think this is about 3 or 4 months of growth.

I decided to snip off the celery and make homemade chicken salad with it.

Here's the celery.

I washed it all to make sure it was all clean.  I patted it to dry.  I also chopped up some leaves.

I chopped up the celery.

I cut up a small chicken breast and mixed with some olive oil mayo, celery, bacon bits, black pepper, and paprika.

I took the chicken salad to lunch this week and ate it on a serving of reduced fat wheat thins.

It was delicious and it made me happy that I was eating my own celery that I grew.  I still have the base sitting in the bowl in the kitchen window to grow more celery.  We will see how it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment