May 26, 2014

Baking mood

I actually have off today for Memorial Day.  I felt like doing some baking with my new hand mixer.  My purple one broke months ago and I got a new hand mixer in a coral color.  I've only used it once on mashed potatoes.  Gosh it's been a while since I baked anything.  This new mixer has more of a kick than my last mixer and you need a big deep bowl to mix your dough or else it will fly everywhere.  I learned that when I made mashed potatoes.  LOL

I made my homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Here's the cookie dough all mixed up.

I baked them and here's the first tray right out of the oven.

I always leave them on the cookie sheet for about 1 minute before I remove them.

I then move the cookies to a cooling rack and I let them cool completely before I put them in a container.

I of course had to get some good cookie shots.



My husband got to eat these and he said "Hell yes, I get the picture cookies".  :)

While I was baking this morning, Harley enjoyed soaking up the sunshine at the back door.

No comments:

Post a Comment