May 20, 2014

Roasted Veggies and Andouille Sausage

For dinner tonight, I was inspired by this dish I came across on pinterest.  I made it my own with what I had on hand and of course popped it in the oven to crisp up a little bit.


I used:

Farmers market veggies-  Zucchinis, squash, red potatoes, bell peppers, onion  (cut up)
bacon bits
andouille sausage (3 links, cut up)
sea salt
black pepper
red pepper flakes
parsley flakes
olive oil
minced garlic
broccoli pieces (left over from cook out)

I first got out my favorite skillet and heated it up with some olive oil and minced garlic.  Once the pan was hot I cooked up the onion for about 2 minutes.  I then added the peppers and cooked up for another minute.  I put the andouille sausage links in the microwave and heated them up.  I then sliced them up.  I added the veggies, some bacon bits, sea salt, black pepper, parsley flakes, red pepper flakes and sausage.  I let it cook up for a few more minutes.  I added everything to a foil lined cookie sheet and roasted for about 10 minutes on 400 degrees.  

This dish was spectacular!  All of the flavors were excellent.  I will def make this again and it was fun using fresh veggies I just got from the farmers market this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment