May 26, 2014

No Bake Energy Peanut Butter Balls

I'm on pinterest a lot when I have some free time.  I love it when I find an easy recipe for foods where I have all the ingredients on hand.  I can make what I find without spending any money.  Win, Win!

I came across PB Energy Balls from spoonful.com.  I thought this sounded good to make for Nate so he'd have a go-to snack that would give him some energy when he needed it.  Especially, after a run or at work when he's getting tired. The recipe for the energy balls seemed easy enough so I figured I would give it a try.  I didn't have all the ingredients listed so I used what I had and made it my own.

I used:

1/2 cup of reduced fat peanut butter
1/3 cup local raw honey
tsp homemade vanilla extract
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
water
1 cup of oats
chocolate chips  (eyeballed it)
peanut butter chips (eyeballed it)
craisins (eyeballed it)
sliced almonds (eyeballed it)

I mixed together the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth.  Mine was kinda dry so I added a little water and then it turned smooth.  :)
I then added the cup of oats and some chocolate/pb chips, craisins and sliced almonds.  

Mix until combined.  Here's what it will look like.

I then covered and put in the fridge for about an hour.  After an hour, I brought them out and then 
rolled the mixture into balls.  

These are a hit!  The best part is you can make them to your liking by adding whatever you want.

Nate absolutely loved these.  He wants me to make some more this week.

I put them in a tupperware container and keeping them in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment