May 24, 2014

Zucchini with Spaghetti Meat Sauce

The other night for dinner I was inspired by a dish called buttery zucchini with ground beef.  But I made it to my preferences, healthier and with some of my farm fresh veggies.


Ingredients

lean ground turkey
spaghetti sauce
w sauce
black pepper
italian seasoning
olive oil
minced garlic
baby squash  (cut into little rounds)
baby zucchini (cut into little rounds)
onion (chopped)
red pepper (chopped)
low fat mozzarella cheese
fresh basil leaves (cut up)

I cooked up the ground turkey with w sauce, black pepper and italian seasoning.  Once it was cooked I added spaghetti sauce and let it simmer.  

To another pan I added some olive oil and minced garlic.  Once the pan was hot, I added onion and let it cook up for about 2 minutes.  I then added pepper slices and cooked for another minute.  After that I put the squash and zukes in and let it cook up.

Once the veggies were tender, I plated my veggies and added the spaghetti meat sauce on top.  I sprinkled some cheese on top and then some fresh basil.  It was good and tasted like spaghetti just without the noodles.  I will make this again.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment