May 11, 2014

Fun Saturday

After I brought my farmers market/produce stand bounty home I headed to my sisters house to spend the day with her and my niece.

We went to the Visual Arts Center for a handmade craft show that was going on.  My sisters husband was selling some of his handmade origami pieces.





Cute sign outside.

Here is the handmade origami.

A paper telling you all about origami.

Cute origami roses.  My sister actually had all of her flowers at her wedding all origami roses that they handmade.  They make and sell them on etsy.  They can make bouquets and topiaries too.

At different parts of the visual arts center they had workshops going on that you could sit in and watch.  This guy was making some pottery.

Here's some finished pieces drying.

Ellie enjoyed watching other kids making pottery.

Some messy aprons.

There was a room with old jewelry turned into art.

There was also starbucks coffee lids turned into art.  Yes they are all coffee cup lids.

If you look closely you can see coffee and lipstick stains on the lids.

There was a print room that was pretty cool.  You could get a print done on a tote bag or t-shirt.

This print screen was in the tub for the ink to be washed off.

The stool in the print room had a ton of ink splotches.  It looked really cool.

I found some drawings on the wall and this one was of course one of my favorites.

Next stop.....we went to Church Hill to go to the Proper Pie Company.  My sister, has talked about this place for a while and she wanted to take me there.

How cute eh?

Ellie was sound asleep.  We didn't wake her because she needed to get a nap.  She slept through the entire lunch and woke up when we were ready to leave.

Look at all those glorious pies.  The menu changes each day.  It's savory pies and sweet pies.

Any place that has grape nehi soda in glass bottles is just awesome in my book.  :)  (bottom in picture)

Sweet pie slices.  My sister got a piece of dutch apple.  It was delicious.

These little lemon things are called "yoyos".  I got one.  It's a short bread cookie with lemon filling and it was so good.  MMMMMM!

Here's the package the little pie comes in.

I got a sausage roll.  It was yummy.

I also got a small cup of white bean soup.  It had chunks of zucchini.  

Here's my yoyo.  MMMMMM

Some extra pictures



I def want to go here again and try a little savory pie.  This place is adorable and I can see why it's a Richmond favorite.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment