October 24, 2012

The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love baking.  Baking is a stress reliever for me and I love gifting or sharing my baked goodies with friends and family.  Today, I made my chocolate chip cookies that I get so many requests and compliments for.  I baked them with my homemade vanilla extract and they are perfection.

You will need:

1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 sticks butter (room temp, and unsalted)
2 eggs 
2 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract (homemade)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups Chocolate chips

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, mix your brown sugar, white sugar and butter together until fluffy.  Mix in 1 egg at a time till mixed.  Mix in your water and then your vanilla.  In a separate bowl, with a fork mix together the flour, salt and baking soda.  Add your flour mixture to the wet mixture a little at a time until all is mixed together.  Lastly, mix in your chocolate chips.

Your cookie dough should look like this.....


On a lightly coated (Pam Spray) cookie sheet add your cookie dough.  I use a big spoon and a medium size spoon to scoop them onto the cookie sheet.  I get 12 cookies on each sheet.  I use 2 cookie sheets.  I only use these pans for my cookies so my pans are in wonderful condition.  I'm very picky about that.  :)

Bake for about 13 to 15 minutes and let cool.  Let the cookies cool on the pan for about 1 to 2 minutes.  Then place them on a cookie rack to cool all the way.

Store in a tupperware container with a slice of bread.  The bread will keep them nice and soft.

And that's the perfect chocolate chip cookie.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment