October 21, 2012

Homemade Vanilla Extract

Back on July 7th, Kristen and I made our own Homemade Vanilla Extract.  We used various blogs from Pinterest to see how to make it.  Here's the vanilla about a month later.

Kristen, picked up these Martha Stewart labels the other day from Staples.  We got white ones a while back but we decided against them when we talked about the design the other day.  Kristen saw these brown ones and knew they would be cute with our bottles.  :)



Here's our design.  I think the vanilla bean clipart is the perfect extra touch.  :)

Printed labels.....OMG!!  :)


We originally had 4 bottles each.  We needed more.  We made a quick trip to Ellwood Thompson's and got more bottles.  I bottled 10 and Kristen bottled 9.  (She bottled 1 larger bottle for herself)



We had a cheese cloth just in case but the coffee filter is actually perfect for this project.  The cheese cloth will be going back to the store.  :)


My Vanilla bottled, labeled and tied with a cute purple gingham ribbon.  :)


My bottle is on the left and Kristen's is on the right.  The bigger bottle is hers to keep.


Cute.....


All 10 of my bottles.....


I can't wait to bake something with my vanilla.  Making your own vanilla is pretty easy to do so I might make some more in the future.  :)  Now, I just gotta decide who gets a bottle from this first batch.


4 comments:

  1. You are so stinkin crafty! So cute. Hope all is well in VA :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura. Everything is good here on the east coast. How's Cali?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lois ShellsJanuary 21, 2013

    Thank you Bonnie, I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome Aunt Lois! :)

    ReplyDelete