August 8, 2012

Spotsylvania Farmers Market: Trip 4



I went to the Farmer's Market today.  I love going to see what goodies I can find.  I had $14.62 with me in cash.  You can use your debit card there but I was budgeting to only use what cash I had on hand.  I got peppers which were 3 for $2 so I got 6.  I also got some tomatoes which were $2.  I asked the farmer if these tomatoes tasted like the red cherry tomatoes and he said they are really good and are just a little sweeter.  I'm going to use them in my Chicken risotto later this week.

I saw a sign for Gelato and decided to get a little tub of that.  It was $3 for the small tub!  It's soooo good and creamy.  :)  I will save some for Nate to try.  :)

I had to get me some chocolate chip cookies with sea salt.  Nate liked it too so I know he'll like a treat after dinner tonight.  :)  The cookies were $2.62.

I had another 10% off coupon from C&T produce so I decided to use it on a zucchini and a little squash.  It came to $1.10 but I didn't have the .10 cents so I tried giving $2 to the farmer but she told me to not worry about the .10 cents.  How nice.  :)

After all my purchases, I had $2 leftover.  I was disappointed not to see any blueberries or nectarines.  :(  I wanted blueberries to make some blueberry scones.  Oh well, maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment