August 28, 2012

Garden Progress- Day 129


I cleaned up my patio/deck garden today.  I got 26 tomatoes in all!  :)  YEY.  I would call that a success.  I emptied out the dead plants and old soil.  I then hosed out the pots with water and then let them dry in the sun before I stacked them in my shed.

I went to Lowe's this morning to see if they had any pumpkin seeds.  The worker told me they packed up all the seeds at the beginning of August.  She said to check Family Dollar, Dollar General, CVS or Target.  I might check around tomorrow.  I'm disappointed that Lowe's gets rid of the seeds so quickly.  Pumpkin seeds should be started at the first of September.  (from what I read)  I did walk about and find some good deals on plants.  I was temped to get a pink hibiscus plant for $5.00 or some hanging flowers for $2 but I didn't.  Oh, I also saw some blueberry starter plants that I was tempted to get but I didn't get those either.  I just left without spending any money.

No comments:

Post a Comment